Heavy Lake-Effect Snow Across the Great Lakes this Week
Cold winds over the relatively warm Great Lakes will promote heavy lake-effect snow downwind of the lakes through at least Thursday. The heaviest snow will occur in Upstate New York downwind of Lakes Erie and Ontario where up to two feet of snow could fall this week.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 14 mph
- Barometer30.47 in (1033.3 mb)
- Dewpoint14°F (-10°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill9°F (-13°C)
Current conditions at
Olathe, Johnson County Executive Airport (KOJC)
Lat: 38.85 Lon: -94.74 Elev: 1096ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Sunny, with a high near 22. North wind 8 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 12. Wind chill values between zero and 10. Calm wind becoming south southwest 5 to 9 mph after midnight.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 37. Wind chill values between zero and 10. South southwest wind 9 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 25. South southwest wind 10 to 13 mph.
- Friday A chance of freezing drizzle before noon, then a chance of sleet. Cloudy, with a high near 36. South wind 8 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Friday Night A chance of snow and sleet before midnight, then a chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 27. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Saturday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 30.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 30.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 36.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 26.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 41.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Miami County, KS
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE