Major Winter Storm Continues Moving into the Eastern Third of the U.S. While Another System Begins Impacting the West Coast
Snow, sleet, freezing rain and heavy rainfall will continue to impact the eastern third of the U.S. through the weekend. Extremely cold temperatures will continue to settle into the western two-thirds of the country behind this storm system. In the meantime, a reinforcing shot of cold air is beginning to impact the West Coast as the next system approaches.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 9 mph
- Barometer30.18 in
- Dewpoint32°F (0°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill29°F (-2°C)
Current conditions at
Huntsville-Madison Co Exec Airport (KMDQ)
Lat: 34.86 Lon: -86.56 Elev: 755ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Rain, freezing rain, and sleet likely before midnight, then a chance of flurries and freezing drizzle between midnight and 3am. Cloudy, with a low around 29. North northwest wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Saturday Cloudy, with a high near 39. North wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
- Saturday Night Rain, mainly after midnight. Low around 33. North northeast wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Sunday Rain. High near 45. East wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Sunday Night Rain. Low around 39. Calm wind becoming northwest around 5 mph in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Monday A 50 percent chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 44. North northwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Monday Night A chance of snow and sleet. Cloudy, with a low around 29. North wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 38. North northwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 23. Northwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm after midnight.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 41.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 23.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 43.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 31.
- Friday A 20 percent chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 50.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Coffee County, TN
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE