Winter Storm to Impact Parts of the Midwest, Northern Appalachians and New England
A storm system will take shape over the central U.S. on Friday, with heavy snow in portions of the Midwest and Ohio Valley. On Saturday, the snow will shift northeast and extend from the Ohio Valley into the New England states. Also, freezing rain will be possible from northwestern Arkansas into Indiana on Friday and along the Central Appalachians into the southern New England on Saturday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSW 6 mph
- Barometer30.20 in (1024.2 mb)
- Dewpoint19°F (-7°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill24°F (-4°C)
Current conditions at
Manhattan Regional Airport (KMHK)
Lat: 39.16 Lon: -96.67 Elev: 1083ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Areas of fog after 3am. Otherwise, increasing clouds, with a low around 23. South wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Friday A chance of rain or freezing rain before 3pm, then a chance of rain and snow between 3pm and 4pm, then a chance of snow, freezing drizzle, and sleet after 4pm. Cloudy, with a high near 40. South wind 5 to 10 mph becoming northeast in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Friday Night A slight chance of snow and freezing drizzle before midnight. Cloudy, with a low around 20. North wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Saturday Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 28. North wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 14. Northwest wind around 5 mph becoming west after midnight.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 42.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 23.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 48.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 24.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 45.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 25.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 44.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 27.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 45.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Riley County, KS
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE