Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, Arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes Wed. into Thurs. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-30 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains on Wednesday. Wind Chill Advisories or Warnings are in effect across the northern Plains and Upper Midwest.
- Wind SpeedNE 14 G 25 mph
- Barometer30.60 in (1038.1 mb)
- Dewpoint4°F (-16°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill2°F (-17°C)
Current conditions at
Manhattan Regional Airport (KMHK)
Lat: 39.16 Lon: -96.67 Elev: 1083ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Sunny, with a high near 21. North wind 10 to 15 mph becoming light northwest in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 9. Wind chill values between -1 and 4. Light and variable wind becoming southwest 5 to 10 mph in the evening.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 41. Southwest wind around 10 mph.
- Thursday Night Increasing clouds, with a low around 24. Southwest wind around 10 mph.
- Friday A slight chance of freezing rain before noon, then a slight chance of rain, snow, and sleet. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 37. South wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light and variable in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Friday Night A 20 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 29.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 15.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 32.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 41.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 25.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 41.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Riley County, KS
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE