Heavy Lake-Effect Snow Across the Great Lakes this Week
Cold winds over the relatively warm Great Lakes will promote heavy lake-effect snow downwind of the lakes through at least Thursday. The heaviest snow will occur in Upstate New York downwind of Lakes Erie and Ontario where up to two feet of snow could fall this week.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSW 10 mph
- Barometer30.15 in (1020.8 mb)
- Dewpoint17°F (-8°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill18°F (-8°C)
Current conditions at
Newark International Airport (KEWR)
Lat: 40.71 Lon: -74.17 Elev: 10ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Clear, with a low around 20. West wind around 8 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 30. West wind 9 to 13 mph.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 19. West wind 7 to 9 mph.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 28. West wind 11 to 13 mph.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 15. West wind 6 to 13 mph.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 33.
- Friday Night A chance of flurries after midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Saturday Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 39. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Saturday Night Snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 31. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Sunday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 40.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 18.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 29.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 38.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Western Essex, NJ
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE