Severe Weather, Wintry Weather and Flash Flooding all possible on Saturday
A complex and large storm system brings a variety of weather concerns to much of the country today. For parts of the Ohio, Tennessee and Mississippi River Valleys severe weather is possible. In these areas, the main threat is expected to be damaging winds with a few tornadoes possible. In parts of the Southern Plains, Midwest and New England wintry weather is expected.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Light Freezing Rain Fog/Mist
- Wind SpeedNW 3 mph
- Barometer29.90 in (1013.4 mb)
- Dewpoint31°F (-1°C)
- Visibility3.00 mi
Current conditions at
Barre / Montpelier, Knapp State Airport (KMPV)
Lat: 44.21 Lon: -72.57 Elev: 1126ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Rain before 5am, then freezing rain. Patchy fog. Low around 31. Northeast wind 3 to 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total nighttime ice accumulation of 0.1 to 0.2 of an inch possible.
- Sunday Freezing rain before 9am, then rain. High near 40. East wind 5 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New ice accumulation of less than a 0.1 of an inch possible.
- Sunday Night A 40 percent chance of showers, mainly after 3am. Cloudy, with a low around 35. South wind 5 to 11 mph. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Monday A chance of rain showers and sleet before 9am, then a chance of rain showers between 9am and 3pm, then a chance of rain and snow showers after 3pm. Cloudy, with a high near 37. Light and variable wind. Chance of precipitation is 30%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Monday Night Cloudy, with a low around 11. Northwest wind 6 to 10 mph.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 13. Northwest wind 8 to 10 mph.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -5. Northwest wind 7 to 9 mph.
- Christmas Day Mostly sunny, with a high near 13. Northwest wind around 6 mph becoming calm in the morning.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 5. South wind 3 to 7 mph.
- Thursday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 27. South wind around 8 mph.
- Thursday Night A 30 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 17. South wind around 7 mph.
- Friday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 24. West wind around 6 mph.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 9. West wind around 6 mph becoming calm after midnight.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 21. Calm wind becoming southwest around 5 mph in the afternoon.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Washington County, VT
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE