Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSE 5 mph
- Barometer30.24 in (1024.5 mb)
- Dewpoint13°F (-11°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill29°F (-2°C)
Current conditions at
Martinsburg, Eastern W. Virginia Reg/Shepherdstown (KMRB)
Lat: 39.41 Lon: -77.98 Elev: 531ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Mostly sunny, with a high near 29. West wind 8 to 13 mph.
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 15. West wind around 7 mph.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 38. West wind 5 to 9 mph.
- Friday Night A slight chance of snow after 1am. Cloudy, with a low around 28. South wind around 5 mph becoming light and variable. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Saturday Snow likely before 1pm, then rain and snow. High near 36. Southeast wind 6 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Saturday Night Rain and snow before 1am, then a chance of snow. Low around 30. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Sunday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 38.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 16.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 33.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 16.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 39.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 38.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Berkeley County, WV
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE