Complex Winter Storm Impacting Central and Eastern U.S.
Significant winter weather continues to plague several areas as a storm system tracks from the Gulf Coast to the Northeast on Sunday. Snow, sleet and freezing rain are forecast from the Lower Mississippi River Valley northeastward to New England, with extensive freezing rain possible across the southern and central Appalachians and foothills from North Carolina to central Pennsylvania.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedE 6 mph
- Barometer30.44 in (1033.3 mb)
- Dewpoint-4°F (-20°C)
- Visibility2.50 mi
- Wind Chill-9°F (-23°C)
Current conditions at
Eau Claire, Chippewa Valley Regional Airport (KEAU)
Lat: 44.88 Lon: -91.48 Elev: 890ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Snow. High near 13. East southeast wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
- Tonight Snow, mainly before 1am. Low around 3. East southeast wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light and variable. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Monday A 30 percent chance of snow before 7am. Partly sunny and cold, with a temperature falling to around 0 by 5pm. Wind chill values as low as -19. West wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Monday Night A 20 percent chance of light snow after 7pm. Partly cloudy, with a temperature falling to near -9 by midnight, then rising to around 1 during the remainder of the night. Wind chill values as low as -25. West southwest wind around 10 mph becoming south after midnight.
- Tuesday A 20 percent chance of light snow before 7am. Partly sunny, with a high near 11. West wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
- Tuesday Night Occasional flurries after 7pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -11. West northwest wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Wednesday Occasional flurries before 7am. Sunny and cold, with a high near 2. West northwest wind around 10 mph.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -9. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 15. West southwest wind around 5 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 8. Southwest wind around 5 mph becoming south southeast after midnight.
- Friday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 24. South southeast wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the morning.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 8. North wind around 5 mph.
- Saturday A 20 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 17. North wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the morning.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Dunn County, WI
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE