Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
- Wind SpeedNW 12 mph
- Barometer29.92 in (1013.2 mb)
- Dewpoint13°F (-11°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill28°F (-2°C)
Current conditions at
Newport State Airport (KUUU)
Lat: 41.54°N Lon: 71.28°W Elev: 171ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Sunny, with a high near 39. Northwest wind around 10 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Tonight Increasing clouds, with a low around 27. West wind 5 to 7 mph.
- Monday Scattered snow showers, mainly before 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 41. Southwest wind 6 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34. Southwest wind around 7 mph.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 47. West wind around 10 mph.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 33.
- Wednesday Rain likely, mainly after 2pm. Cloudy, with a high near 42. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Wednesday Night Rain and snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 26. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Thursday Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 31. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 35.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 28.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 43.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Newport County, RI
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE