Strengthening winter storm impacting Northeast; severe weather possible in Mid-Atlantic
A developing storm system will move from the Ohio Valley into the Northeast on Wednesday, bringing accumulating snow from the Lower Great Lakes to northern New England. Some areas could see more than a foot of snow. Meanwhile, there is a Slight Risk of severe thunderstorms in the Mid-Atlantic, with damaging winds as the main threat.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 18 G 25 mph
- Barometer30.13 in (1020.2 mb)
- Dewpoint26°F (-3°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill24°F (-4°C)
Current conditions at
Joplin Regional Airport (KJLN)
Lat: 37.18°N Lon: 94.5°W Elev: 982ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Sunny, with a high near 50. Wind chill values as low as 26 early. Breezy, with a north wind 18 to 21 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 31. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming southwest after midnight.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 65. Wind chill values as low as 25 early. Southwest wind 8 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph.
- Thursday Night Increasing clouds, with a low around 43. Wind chill values as low as 36. South wind 11 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 65. Southwest wind 15 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 29 mph.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 40.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 63.
- Saturday Night A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 40.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 51.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 31.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 56.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 40.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 61.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Barton County, MO
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE