Complex Winter Storm Impacting Central and Eastern U.S.
Significant winter weather continues to plague several areas as a storm system tracks from the Gulf Coast to the Northeast on Sunday. Snow, sleet and freezing rain are forecast from the Lower Mississippi River Valley northeastward to New England, with extensive freezing rain possible across the southern and central Appalachians and foothills from North Carolina to central Pennsylvania.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer30.50 in (1035.0 mb)
- Dewpoint12°F (-11°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Barre / Montpelier, Knapp State Airport (KMPV)
Lat: 44.21 Lon: -72.57 Elev: 1126ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Snow likely, mainly after 2am. Cloudy, with a low around 19. Calm wind becoming south 5 to 7 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Monday Snow, mainly before 5pm. High near 33. South wind 5 to 8 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
- Monday Night A 30 percent chance of snow showers, mainly before 8pm. Cloudy, with a low around 25. South wind 6 to 11 mph becoming west after midnight. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Tuesday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 30. West wind 6 to 13 mph.
- Tuesday Night Cloudy, with a low around 14. West wind 7 to 9 mph.
- Wednesday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 26. West wind 9 to 11 mph.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 6. Northwest wind 5 to 8 mph.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 16. Northwest wind around 6 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 7. West wind 3 to 6 mph.
- Friday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 21. West wind around 7 mph.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 4. West wind 3 to 6 mph.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 18. Light northwest wind.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 6. Light northwest wind.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 20. Northwest wind 3 to 5 mph.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Washington County, VT
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE