Complex Winter Storm Impacting Central and Eastern U.S.
Significant winter weather continues to plague several areas as a storm system tracks from the Gulf Coast to the Northeast on Sunday. Snow, sleet and freezing rain are forecast from the Lower Mississippi River Valley northeastward to New England, with extensive freezing rain possible across the southern and central Appalachians and foothills from North Carolina to central Pennsylvania.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedVRBL 5 MPH
- Barometer29.74 in (1009.0 mb)
- Dewpoint10°F (-12°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill11°F (-12°C)
Current conditions at
Montrose, Montrose Regional Airport (KMTJ)
Lat: 38.50500 Lon: -107.89750 Elev: 5758ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Snow, mainly before noon. High near 19. West southwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming north northwest in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Total daytime snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Tonight A 20 percent chance of snow before 3am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -1. Wind chill values as low as -10. Calm wind becoming east southeast around 5 mph.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 15. Wind chill values as low as -10. Southeast wind around 5 mph becoming calm.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -4. Wind chill values as low as -15. Southeast wind around 5 mph.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 23. Southeast wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the morning.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 4.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 27.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 9.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 32.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 15.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 34.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 14.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 32.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Central Gunnison and Uncompahgre River Basin, CO
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE