Complex Winter Storm Impacting Central and Eastern U.S.
Significant winter weather continues to plague several areas as a storm system tracks from the Gulf Coast to the Northeast on Sunday. Snow, sleet and freezing rain are forecast from the Lower Mississippi River Valley northeastward to New England, with extensive freezing rain possible across the southern and central Appalachians and foothills from North Carolina to central Pennsylvania.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Light Rain Fog/Mist
- Wind SpeedNW 5 mph
- Barometer30.21 in (1023.3 mb)
- Dewpoint36°F (2°C)
- Visibility6.00 mi
- Wind Chill35°F (2°C)
Current conditions at
Knoxville, McGhee Tyson Airport (KTYS)
Lat: 35.81 Lon: -83.98 Elev: 962ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Rain. High near 45. Southeast wind 5 to 15 mph becoming northwest in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Tonight Rain. Low around 44. East wind around 5 mph becoming calm. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Monday Rain. High near 52. West wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Monday Night Rain likely. Cloudy, with a low around 38. West wind around 5 mph becoming north after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Tuesday Showers likely, mainly before 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 41. West wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 25.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 44.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 42.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 24.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 48.
- Friday Night A 30 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 33.
- Saturday A 30 percent chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 46.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Hamblen County, TN
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE