Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedVRBL 5 MPH
- Barometer30.00 in (1020.8 mb)
- Dewpoint8°F (-13°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill22°F (-6°C)
Current conditions at
Mount Shasta (KMHS)
Lat: 41.31583 Lon: -122.31611 Elev: 3533ft.
Mount Shasta CA
7 Day Forecast
- Today Snow. High near 27. South wind 8 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Tonight Snow, mainly before 4am. Low around 18. South wind 8 to 13 mph becoming light and variable after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 18 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Saturday A 20 percent chance of snow showers before 10am. Mostly sunny, with a high near 26. North northwest wind 7 to 11 mph.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 4. Wind chill values as low as -5. North northeast wind 5 to 7 mph.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 26. North wind around 6 mph.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 10.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 36.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 16.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 42.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Wednesday A slight chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 45.
- Wednesday Night A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27.
- Thursday A chance of rain showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 44.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for South Central Siskiyou County, CA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE