Winter Storm Continues Across Northeast
The complex winter storm that has been bringing freezing rain and snow to parts of the eastern U.S. will continue to affect much of the Northeast through the day on Monday, with snow, sleet and freezing rain, before moving off the East Coast on Tuesday. Meanwhile, dangerously cold temperatures and wind chill will continue in the western half of the U.S.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 6 mph
- Barometer30.30 in (1026.4 mb)
- Dewpoint14°F (-10°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill17°F (-8°C)
Current conditions at
Carbondale/Murphysboro, Southern Illinois Airport (KMDH)
Lat: 37.79 Lon: -89.25 Elev: 420ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Snow likely, mainly before 4am. Cloudy, with a low around 17. North northwest wind around 6 mph becoming light and variable. Chance of precipitation is 70%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 33. West southwest wind 5 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph.
- Tuesday Night Clear, with a low around 12. South southwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 34. Light and variable wind becoming northwest 5 to 10 mph in the morning.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 7. North northwest wind 5 to 9 mph becoming calm after midnight.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 27. Calm wind becoming south 5 to 8 mph in the morning.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 16. South wind around 8 mph.
- Friday A chance of rain. Mostly sunny, with a high near 38. South wind 7 to 10 mph.
- Friday Night Rain or freezing rain likely. Cloudy, with a low around 30. South wind 3 to 8 mph.
- Saturday A slight chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 39. Light and variable wind becoming north northwest 5 to 7 mph in the afternoon.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24. North northwest wind 6 to 8 mph.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 35. Northwest wind 3 to 6 mph.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 15. North northwest wind 3 to 5 mph.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 30. Light and variable wind becoming south 5 to 7 mph in the morning.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Jackson County, IL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE