Another Round of Winter Weather Tracking across the Nation this Weekend
Significant winter weather continues to plague the nation as another storm system tracks from coast to coast this weekend. Heavy snow and unseasonable cold will impact parts of the West on Saturday, while even colder temperatures and life-threatening wind chills spread through the Northern Plains. Sleet and freezing rain is forecast from the Tennessee Valley to Mid-Atlantic on Sunday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 6 mph
- Barometer30.61 in
- Dewpoint4°F (-16°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill8°F (-13°C)
Current conditions at
Chicago/Romeoville, Lewis University Airport (KLOT)
Lat: 41.61 Lon: -88.1 Elev: 758ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Increasing clouds, with a low around 9. Calm wind becoming east northeast around 5 mph after midnight.
- Sunday Snow likely, mainly after 3pm. Cloudy, with a high near 26. East southeast wind 5 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Sunday Night Snow and freezing drizzle before midnight, then a slight chance of freezing drizzle between midnight and 3am. Low around 19. East southeast wind 5 to 10 mph becoming west after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Monday Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 22. West wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 7. West wind around 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 23.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 13.
- Wednesday A slight chance of snow showers. Mostly sunny, with a high near 19.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 6.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 24.
- Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 16.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 33.
- Friday Night A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Saturday A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 28.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for DuPage County, IL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE