Winter Storm Continues Across Northeast
The complex winter storm that has been bringing freezing rain and snow to parts of the eastern U.S. will continue to affect much of the Northeast through the day on Monday, with snow, sleet and freezing rain, before moving off the East Coast on Tuesday. Meanwhile, dangerously cold temperatures and wind chill will continue in the western half of the U.S.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNE 6 mph
- Barometer30.05 in (1017.6 mb)
- Dewpoint39°F (4°C)
- Visibility1.25 mi
- Wind Chill36°F (2°C)
Current conditions at
Newport State Airport (KUUU)
Lat: 41.54 Lon: -71.28 Elev: 171ft.
3 Miles SSW Narragansett Pier RI
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Showers likely, mainly before 2pm. Patchy fog. Otherwise, cloudy, with a high near 44. East wind 6 to 11 mph becoming northwest. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Tonight Patchy fog before 10pm. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 32. West wind 6 to 11 mph.
- Tuesday A chance of rain and snow before 10am, then snow likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 37. West wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming clear, with a low around 26. West wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 31 mph.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 34. West wind 14 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 29.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 32.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Saturday A chance of snow showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 35. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Saturday Night A chance of rain and snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Sunday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 35.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Washington County, RI
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE