Heavy Lake-Effect Snow Across the Great Lakes this Week
Cold winds over the relatively warm Great Lakes will promote heavy lake-effect snow downwind of the lakes through at least Thursday. The heaviest snow will occur in Upstate New York downwind of Lakes Erie and Ontario where up to two feet of snow could fall this week.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSW 8 mph
- Barometer30.09 in (1019.1 mb)
- Dewpoint20°F (-7°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill16°F (-9°C)
Current conditions at
New Bedford Regional Airport (KEWB)
Lat: 41.69 Lon: -70.97 Elev: 82ft.
New Bedford MA
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Clear, with a low around 21. West wind around 11 mph.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 33. West wind 11 to 16 mph.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 20. West wind 9 to 11 mph.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 27. Northwest wind 9 to 11 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 16. West wind 6 to 8 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 31.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Saturday A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 35. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
- Saturday Night Snow and sleet likely. Patchy fog between 8pm and 10pm, then Patchy fog after 4am. Otherwise, cloudy, with a low around 29. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Sunday A chance of rain, snow, freezing rain, and sleet. Patchy fog before 11am. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a high near 44. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 30.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 35.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Southern Bristol, MA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE