Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
- Wind SpeedNW 3 mph
- Barometer30.32 in (1026.8 mb)
- Dewpoint15°F (-9°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Wilmington, New Castle County Airport (KILG)
Lat: 39.68 Lon: -75.6 Elev: 74ft.
New Castle DE
7 Day Forecast
- Today Mostly sunny, with a high near 29. West wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 16. West wind 6 to 9 mph.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 34. West wind 6 to 13 mph.
- Friday Night Increasing clouds, with a low around 24. Light and variable wind.
- Saturday Rain and snow, becoming all rain after 4pm. High near 38. East wind 5 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Saturday Night Rain, mainly before 4am. Low around 36. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Sunday A chance of rain before 7am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 40. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 33.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 39.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 39.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for New Castle County, DE
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE