Severe Weather Possible for Parts of Northern Rockies, High Plains, Ohio Valley, and Carolinas
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms Tuesday afternoon and evening for four distinct areas across the U.S.: from central Idaho into northwestern Montana; from northwest Texas to extreme southeastern Montana; across central Illinois, southern Indiana and into northern Kentucky; and across the central and eastern Carolinas.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Light Rain Fog/Mist
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer29.89 in (1011.2 mb)
- Dewpoint63°F (17°C)
- Visibility4.00 mi
Current conditions at
New York City, Central Park (KNYC)
Lat: 40.78 Lon: -73.97 Elev: 144ft.
New York NY
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Showers and possibly a thunderstorm before 10pm, then a chance of showers. Low around 62. North wind 7 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
- Wednesday Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 78. North wind around 11 mph.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 61. Southwest wind around 6 mph becoming calm after midnight.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 80. North wind 5 to 10 mph becoming south in the afternoon.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 63. South wind 6 to 10 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 77.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 64.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 80.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 68.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 81.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 68.
- Monday A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 82. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday Night A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly cloudy, with a low around 70. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 83.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for New York (Manhattan), NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE