Strengthening winter storm impacting Northeast; severe weather possible in Mid-Atlantic
A developing storm system will move from the Ohio Valley into the Northeast on Wednesday, bringing accumulating snow from the Lower Great Lakes to northern New England. Some areas could see more than a foot of snow. Meanwhile, there is a Slight Risk of severe thunderstorms in the Mid-Atlantic, with damaging winds as the main threat.
- Wind SpeedE 9 mph
- Barometer29.39 in
- Dewpoint34°F (1°C)
- Visibility15.00 mi
- Wind Chill40°F (4°C)
Current conditions at
Newburgh / Stewart (KSWF)
Lat: 41.51°N Lon: 74.1°W Elev: 581ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Rain, mainly after 3pm. High near 49. East wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Tonight Rain and snow showers, becoming all snow after midnight. Some thunder is also possible. Low around 14. Blustery, with a northeast wind 9 to 14 mph becoming northwest 16 to 21 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Thursday A chance of snow showers, mainly before 10am. Partly sunny, with a high near 24. Wind chill values as low as -4. Blustery, with a northwest wind 21 to 23 mph, with gusts as high as 37 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 10. Wind chill values as low as -3. West wind 7 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 31 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 41. Southwest wind 6 to 13 mph.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 31.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 50.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 28.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 40.
- Sunday Night A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 33. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 36.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Orange County, NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE