Complex Winter Storm Impacting Central and Eastern U.S.
Significant winter weather continues to plague several areas as a storm system tracks from the Gulf Coast to the Northeast on Sunday. Snow, sleet and freezing rain are forecast from the Lower Mississippi River Valley northeastward to New England, with extensive freezing rain possible across the southern and central Appalachians and foothills from North Carolina to central Pennsylvania.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer30.55 in
- Dewpoint19°F (-7°C)
- Visibility20.00 mi
Current conditions at
Newburgh / Stewart (KSWF)
Lat: 41.51 Lon: -74.1 Elev: 581ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon A chance of snow, mainly after 3pm. Cloudy, with a high near 30. Calm wind. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Tonight Snow before 2am, then periods of freezing rain and sleet. Low around 28. Calm wind becoming east around 6 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New ice accumulation of around a 0.1 of an inch possible. New snow and sleet accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Monday Periods of rain or freezing rain before 2pm, then a chance of rain. High near 41. East wind around 6 mph becoming light and variable. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New ice accumulation of less than a 0.1 of an inch possible.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28. West wind 6 to 9 mph.
- Tuesday A slight chance of snow after 11am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 33. West wind around 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 29.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 15.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 24.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 11.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 30.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 14.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 29.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Orange County, NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE