Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes Wed. into Thurs. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-30 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains on Wednesday. Wind Chill Advisories or Warnings are in effect across the northern Plains and Upper Midwest.
- Wind SpeedSW 6 mph
- Barometer30.29 in (1025.6 mb)
- Dewpoint25°F (-4°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill39°F (4°C)
Current conditions at
Newport News / Williamsburg Intl Airport (KPHF)
Lat: 37.14 Lon: -76.5 Elev: 43ft.
Newport News VA
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Clear, with a low around 30. Southwest wind 6 to 9 mph.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 39. North wind 11 to 15 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 22. North wind around 6 mph becoming west after midnight.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 47. Southwest wind 7 to 10 mph.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 33. Southwest wind around 7 mph.
- Saturday Rain likely, mainly after noon. Cloudy, with a high near 47. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Saturday Night Rain likely, mainly before 1am. Cloudy, with a low around 42. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 49.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 32.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 40.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 29.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 48.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 32.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 48.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Newport News/Hampton, VA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE