Complex Winter Storm Impacting Central and Eastern U.S.
Significant winter weather continues to plague several areas as a storm system tracks from the Gulf Coast to the Northeast on Sunday. Snow, sleet and freezing rain are forecast from the Lower Mississippi River Valley northeastward to New England, with extensive freezing rain possible across the southern and central Appalachians and foothills from North Carolina to central Pennsylvania.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 6 mph
- Barometer30.53 in (1033.7 mb)
- Dewpoint17°F (-8°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill27°F (-3°C)
Current conditions at
New Haven/Tweed (KHVN)
Lat: 41.28 Lon: -72.88 Elev: 6ft.
North Branford CT
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon A chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 33. Light northeast wind. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Tonight Snow before 2am, then periods of freezing rain and sleet between 2am and 4am, then periods of rain after 4am. Low around 28. Light east wind becoming northeast 5 to 10 mph in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New ice accumulation of less than a 0.1 of an inch possible. New snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Monday Periods of rain, mainly before 3pm. High near 45. East wind 6 to 9 mph becoming west in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 30. Calm wind becoming west around 5 mph after midnight.
- Tuesday A chance of snow after 11am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 39. West wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 32.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 18.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 29.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 16.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 30.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 16.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 32.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Southern New Haven, CT
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE