Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 6 mph
- Barometer29.99 in (1016.3 mb)
- Dewpoint45°F (7°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill42°F (6°C)
Current conditions at
Chicopee Falls / Westover Air Force Base (KCEF)
Lat: 42.21 Lon: -72.53 Elev: 246ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Scattered showers, mainly after 3pm. Cloudy, with a high near 46. Northwest wind 5 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Tonight Rain, snow, and sleet, becoming all snow after 3am. Low around 27. Calm wind becoming north around 6 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow and sleet accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
- Saturday A chance of snow showers, mainly before 7am. Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 37. Northwest wind 6 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 18. Northwest wind 5 to 8 mph.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 32. Northwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the afternoon.
- Sunday Night Snow likely, mainly after 4am. Cloudy, with a low around 24. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Monday Rain, snow, and sleet, becoming all rain after 1pm. High near 38. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 33.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 15.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 29.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 9.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 26.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Eastern Hampshire, MA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE