Strengthening winter storm impacting Northeast; severe weather possible in Mid-Atlantic
A developing storm system will move from the Ohio Valley into the Northeast on Wednesday, bringing accumulating snow from the Lower Great Lakes to northern New England. Some areas could see more than a foot of snow. Meanwhile, there is a Slight Risk of severe thunderstorms in the Mid-Atlantic, with damaging winds as the main threat.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 7 mph
- Barometer29.58 in (1002.4 mb)
- Dewpoint32°F (0°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill35°F (2°C)
Current conditions at
Chicopee Falls / Westover Air Force Base (KCEF)
Lat: 42.21°N Lon: 72.53°W Elev: 246ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today A chance of rain. Patchy fog after 2pm. Otherwise, cloudy, with a high near 43. Northeast wind around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Tonight Rain, snow, freezing rain, and sleet, becoming all snow after 3am. Patchy fog before 8pm, then Patchy fog between 9pm and 11pm. Low around 12. North wind 9 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 29 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Thursday Snow showers likely, mainly before 9am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 19. Wind chill values as low as -7. Blustery, with a northwest wind 21 to 24 mph, with gusts as high as 43 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming clear, with a low around 5. Wind chill values as low as -8. Northwest wind 10 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 37 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 37. Southwest wind 6 to 9 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 30.
- Saturday A chance of snow showers before 9am, then a chance of rain and snow showers between 9am and 10am, then a slight chance of rain showers after 10am. Partly sunny, with a high near 49. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 27.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 38.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 16.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 30.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 15.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 34.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Eastern Hampshire, MA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE