Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedVrbl 2 mph
- Barometer30.00 in (1016.6 mb)
- Dewpoint46°F (8°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Chicopee Falls / Westover Air Force Base (KCEF)
Lat: 42.21 Lon: -72.53 Elev: 246ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Scattered showers, mainly after 4pm. Cloudy, with a high near 46. Northwest wind 6 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Tonight Rain, snow, and sleet, becoming all snow after 2am. Low around 27. Calm wind becoming north around 6 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Saturday A chance of snow showers, mainly before 8am. Cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 37. Northwest wind 6 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 18. Northwest wind 5 to 9 mph.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 32. Light and variable wind becoming northwest around 5 mph.
- Sunday Night Snow likely, mainly after 5am. Cloudy, with a low around 24. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Monday Rain, snow, and sleet, becoming all rain after 2pm. High near 38. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Monday Night A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 33.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 15.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 29.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 9.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 26.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Eastern Hampshire, MA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE