Heavy Snow Possible Across Northern Rockies and Plains, Wintry Mix Farther East
Snow, gusty winds and bitter cold will spread through the northern Rockies and northern Plains on Thursday. The snow could be heavy at times. Meanwhile, a wintry mix of snow and freezing rain is possible across parts of the Midwest and Great Lakes and into New England.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNE 8 mph
- Barometer29.90 in (1013.3 mb)
- Dewpoint32°F (0°C)
- Visibility4.00 mi
- Wind Chill30°F (-1°C)
Current conditions at
Chicago Executive Airport (KPWK)
Lat: 42.11 Lon: -87.9 Elev: 646ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Late Afternoon A 30 percent chance of rain or drizzle. Patchy fog. Otherwise, cloudy, with a high near 38. East northeast wind around 10 mph.
- Tonight Rain. Steady temperature around 35. Light east wind becoming north northeast 5 to 10 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Friday A chance of freezing rain before noon. Cloudy, with a temperature falling to around 30 by 5pm. North northeast wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Friday Night Cloudy, with a low around 28. North northeast wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light and variable in the evening.
- Saturday A chance of rain and sleet before noon, then a chance of snow and sleet. Cloudy, with a high near 34. Light and variable wind becoming east northeast 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Saturday Night Rain, possibly mixed with freezing rain. Low around 31. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Sunday Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 33. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Sunday Night A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 12.
- Monday A chance of light snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 19.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 6.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 25.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Christmas Day A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 32.
- Wednesday Night Cloudy, with a low around 12.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Cook County, IL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE