Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 10 mph
- Barometer30.42 in (1030.7 mb)
- Dewpoint14°F (-10°C)
- Visibility4.00 mi
- Wind Chill10°F (-12°C)
Current conditions at
Cahokia / St. Louis, St. Louis Downtown Airport (KCPS)
Lat: 38.58 Lon: -90.15 Elev: 413ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Occasional snow, mainly before 5pm. High near 24. North wind around 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Tonight Cloudy during the early evening, then gradual clearing, with a low around 6. North wind around 10 mph.
- Saturday Sunny and cold, with a high near 19. North wind 7 to 9 mph.
- Saturday Night A 30 percent chance of snow after midnight. Increasing clouds, with a low around 12. Northeast wind around 8 mph.
- Sunday A chance of snow and freezing drizzle. Cloudy, with a high near 27. East wind 6 to 9 mph becoming southeast in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
- Sunday Night A chance of snow and freezing drizzle before midnight, then a chance of freezing drizzle. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 17. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 26.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 5.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 26.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 9.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 27.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 12.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 29.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for St. Clair County, IL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE