Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes Wed. into Thurs. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-30 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains on Wednesday. Wind Chill Advisories or Warnings are in effect across the northern Plains and Upper Midwest.
- Wind SpeedNW 14 mph
- Barometer30.54 in (1034.7 mb)
- Dewpoint12°F (-11°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill16°F (-9°C)
Current conditions at
Cahokia / St. Louis, St. Louis Downtown Airport (KCPS)
Lat: 38.58 Lon: -90.15 Elev: 413ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 3. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light and variable after midnight.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 28. Calm wind becoming south 5 to 9 mph in the morning.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 19. South wind around 8 mph.
- Friday A chance of freezing rain before 3pm, then a chance of rain between 3pm and 5pm, then a chance of freezing rain after 5pm. Increasing clouds, with a high near 35. South wind 7 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Friday Night Snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 29. South wind 5 to 8 mph becoming calm after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Saturday A 30 percent chance of snow before noon. Cloudy, with a high near 34.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 28.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 35.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 39.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 40.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for St. Clair County, IL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE