Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNE 6 mph
- Barometer29.94 in (1013.5 mb)
- Dewpoint46°F (8°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill45°F (7°C)
Current conditions at
Oak Ridge (KOQT)
Lat: 36.02 Lon: -84.23 Elev: 910ft.
4 Miles SW Oak Ridge TN
7 Day Forecast
- Today Rain likely, then rain and possibly a thunderstorm after 8am. High near 57. North wind around 5 mph becoming calm. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Tonight Rain and possibly a thunderstorm. Low around 36. West wind 10 to 15 mph becoming north in the evening. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Saturday A chance of rain or freezing rain before 8am, then a chance of freezing rain between 8am and 11am. Cloudy, with a high near 44. North wind around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
- Saturday Night Rain likely, mainly after 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 36. Northeast wind 5 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Sunday Rain. High near 47. Northeast wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Sunday Night Rain. Low around 42. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Monday Rain, mainly before 2pm. High near 52. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Monday Night A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 30. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
- Tuesday A 20 percent chance of snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 37.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 38.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 40.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Anderson County, TN
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE