Complex Winter Storm Taking Shape Across Parts of Central, Eastern U.S.
A complex storm system will begin impacting parts of the central and eastern U.S. on Friday and into the weekend. Heavy snowfall is expected across parts of the Midwest into the Ohio Valley on Friday, with chances for heavy snow moving into the Northeast on Saturday. Freezing rain is also possible on Saturday in from northern New Jersey into the central Appalachians.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 6 G 23 mph
- Barometer30.12 in
- Dewpoint10°F (-12°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill21°F (-6°C)
Current conditions at
Oxford Automatic Weather Observing / Reporting Sys (KOXC)
Lat: 41.41 Lon: -73.1 Elev: 728ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Increasing clouds, with a low around 14. North wind around 7 mph.
- Saturday Snow, mainly after 11am. High near 22. North wind 7 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
- Saturday Night Snow and sleet before 3am, then freezing rain and sleet. Low around 20. Northeast wind 10 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 29 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New ice accumulation of less than a 0.1 of an inch possible. New snow and sleet accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.
- Sunday A chance of freezing rain and sleet before 10am, then a chance of snow between 10am and 1pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 31. North wind 9 to 17 mph becoming northwest in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 13. West wind 7 to 9 mph.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 22.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 5.
- Tuesday A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 30. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Tuesday Night A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 19. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 33.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 18.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 33.
- Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 44.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Southern Litchfield, CT
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE