Complex Winter Storm Impacting Central and Eastern U.S.
Significant winter weather continues to plague several areas as a storm system tracks from the Gulf Coast to the Northeast on Sunday. Snow, sleet and freezing rain are forecast from the Lower Mississippi River Valley northeastward to New England, with extensive freezing rain possible across the southern and central Appalachians and foothills from North Carolina to central Pennsylvania.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer30.58 in (1036.3 mb)
- Dewpoint11°F (-12°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Massena International-Richards Field (KMSS)
Lat: 44.94 Lon: -74.85 Elev: 214ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Cloudy, with a high near 28. Calm wind becoming southwest around 5 mph.
- Tonight Snow likely, mainly after 5am. Cloudy, with a low around 20. Light southeast wind becoming east 6 to 11 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Monday Rain and snow before 4pm, then a chance of rain between 4pm and 5pm, then a chance of rain and snow after 5pm. High near 37. Southeast wind 13 to 17 mph becoming south in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Monday Night A chance of rain and snow showers before 8pm, then a slight chance of snow showers between 8pm and 4am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22. Southwest wind around 16 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 28. Southwest wind 13 to 15 mph.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 17. Southwest wind 11 to 14 mph.
- Wednesday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 25. West wind 10 to 13 mph.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 5. Northwest wind 5 to 8 mph.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 20. Calm wind becoming west 5 to 7 mph in the afternoon.
- Thursday Night A 30 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 7. Southwest wind 5 to 7 mph.
- Friday A 30 percent chance of snow showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 19. West wind around 7 mph.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 6. West wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 21. Light northwest wind.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Southwestern St. Lawrence, NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE