Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNE 8 mph
- Barometer30.58 in (1036.7 mb)
- Dewpoint17°F (-8°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill25°F (-4°C)
Current conditions at
Oklahoma City, Will Rogers World Airport (KOKC)
Lat: 35.41 Lon: -97.6 Elev: 1280ft.
Oklahoma City OK
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 17. North northeast wind 5 to 7 mph becoming calm after midnight.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 40. Light west southwest wind becoming south southwest 5 to 10 mph in the morning.
- Thursday Night A slight chance of rain or freezing rain after 1am. Increasing clouds, with a low around 31. South wind 9 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Friday A slight chance of rain or freezing rain before 7am, then a chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 46. South wind 13 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Friday Night A 30 percent chance of rain before 7pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 29. Light and variable wind becoming north northwest 11 to 16 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 23 mph.
- Saturday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 36.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 23.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 48.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 28.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 53.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 33.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 52.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 34.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 55.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Oklahoma County, OK
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE