Winter Weather Affecting Much of the Country
Winter weather conditions are affecting much of the country this week. Cold air is plunging into the Western and Central U.S., as heavy snow continues across the Northern Plains and Great Lakes. As the system moves east and south, a major icing event is forecast for portions of the Southern Plains to the Ozarks and into the Ohio Valley beginning Thursday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 17 mph
- Barometer29.90 in (1012.9 mb)
- Dewpoint23°F (-5°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill25°F (-4°C)
Current conditions at
Oklahoma City, Will Rogers World Airport (KOKC)
Lat: 35.41 Lon: -97.6 Elev: 1280ft.
Oklahoma City OK
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23. North wind 9 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
- Thursday A chance of freezing rain before noon, then a chance of sleet. Cloudy, with a high near 26. North wind 13 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Thursday Night Snow and sleet likely before midnight, then snow. Low around 18. North wind 14 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow and sleet accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
- Friday Snow likely, mainly before 9am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 23. North wind 8 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 8. North northeast wind 6 to 8 mph.
- Saturday A 20 percent chance of snow after noon. Mostly sunny, with a high near 22.
- Saturday Night A 50 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Sunday A 20 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 25.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 14.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 25.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 8.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 27.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 14.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 32.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Oklahoma County, OK
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE