Complex Winter Storm Impacting Central and Eastern U.S.
Significant winter weather continues to plague several areas as a storm system tracks from the Gulf Coast to the Northeast on Sunday. Snow, sleet and freezing rain are forecast from the Lower Mississippi River Valley northeastward to New England, with extensive freezing rain possible across the southern and central Appalachians and foothills from North Carolina to central Pennsylvania.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNA
- Barometer30.27 in (1025.5 mb)
- Dewpoint22°F (-6°C)
- Visibility7.00 mi
Current conditions at
Owensboro / Daviess (KOWB)
Lat: 37.76 Lon: -87.17 Elev: 417ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Freezing rain and sleet likely before noon, then a chance of freezing drizzle. Cloudy, with a high near 33. East northeast wind 6 to 11 mph becoming southeast in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Total daytime ice accumulation of less than a 0.1 of an inch possible. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Tonight A chance of freezing drizzle before 9pm, then a chance of freezing drizzle after midnight. Cloudy, with a low around 27. South southeast wind 6 to 8 mph becoming west after midnight.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 32. West wind 5 to 8 mph.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21. Calm wind becoming north northwest around 5 mph after midnight.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 30. North northwest wind 5 to 8 mph becoming west southwest in the afternoon.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 17. Light and variable wind.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 34. Calm wind becoming northwest around 6 mph in the afternoon.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 12. North wind around 7 mph.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 27. North wind around 6 mph becoming calm in the morning.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 16. Light south wind.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 37. South wind 3 to 7 mph.
- Friday Night A chance of rain or freezing rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 29. South wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Saturday A chance of rain or freezing rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 38. Calm wind becoming north around 6 mph in the afternoon.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Daviess County, KY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE