Complex Winter Storm Taking Shape Across Parts of Central, Eastern U.S.
A complex storm system will begin impacting parts of the central and eastern U.S. on Friday and into the weekend. Heavy snowfall is expected across parts of the Midwest into the Ohio Valley on Friday, with chances for heavy snow moving into the Northeast on Saturday. Freezing rain is also possible on Saturday in from northern New Jersey into the central Appalachians.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedE 5 mph
- Barometer30.13 in (1021.2 mb)
- Dewpoint26°F (-3°C)
- Visibility9.00 mi
- Wind Chill29°F (-2°C)
Current conditions at
Poplar Bluff Municipal Airport (KPOF)
Lat: 36.77 Lon: -90.32 Elev: 479ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Rain, snow, and sleet likely. Cloudy, with a high near 36. South wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Tonight Rain and snow. Low around 31. Southeast wind around 5 mph becoming calm after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
- Saturday A chance of rain and snow before 9am, then a slight chance of rain between 9am and noon. Cloudy, with a high near 39. Light northwest wind becoming north northwest 5 to 10 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 19. Northwest wind 8 to 11 mph.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 32. Northwest wind 5 to 8 mph becoming southwest in the afternoon.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 23. Southwest wind around 6 mph.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 44. Southwest wind 6 to 8 mph.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 28. West wind 6 to 8 mph.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 48. West wind 5 to 7 mph.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 26. Light west wind.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 46. Calm wind becoming south southwest around 6 mph in the afternoon.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 32. South southwest wind 5 to 7 mph.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 49. South wind 8 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 18 mph.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Wayne County, MO
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE