Complex Winter Storm Impacting Central and Eastern U.S.
Significant winter weather continues to plague several areas as a storm system tracks from the Gulf Coast to the Northeast on Sunday. Snow, sleet and freezing rain are forecast from the Lower Mississippi River Valley northeastward to New England, with extensive freezing rain possible across the southern and central Appalachians and foothills from North Carolina to central Pennsylvania.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer30.57 in (1036.0 mb)
- Dewpoint21°F (-6°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Orange Municipal Airport (KORE)
Lat: 42.58 Lon: -72.28 Elev: 538ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Mostly cloudy, with a high near 30. Northwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm.
- Tonight Snow likely, mainly after 3am. Cloudy, with a low around 23. Calm wind becoming east around 6 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Monday Snow, freezing rain, and sleet before 2pm, then rain and sleet likely between 2pm and 3pm, then a chance of rain after 3pm. Patchy fog between noon and 2pm. Patchy freezing fog between 11am and 2pm. High near 34. East wind 5 to 8 mph becoming light and variable in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow and sleet accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Monday Night A chance of rain or freezing rain before 7pm, then a slight chance of freezing rain between 7pm and 10pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26. West wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Tuesday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 31. West wind 9 to 11 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 16.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 26.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 11.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 21.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 8.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 23.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 11.
- Saturday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 26.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Northern Worcester, MA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE