Winter Weather Affecting Much of the Country
Winter weather conditions are affecting much of the country this week. Cold air is plunging into the Western and Central U.S., as heavy snow continues across the Northern Plains and Great Lakes. As the system moves east and south, a major icing event is forecast for portions of the Southern Plains to the Ozarks and into the Ohio Valley beginning Thursday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 7 mph
- Barometer29.93 in
- Dewpoint28°F (-2°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill28°F (-2°C)
Current conditions at
Bentonville Automatic Weather Observing/Reporting (KVBT)
Lat: 36.35 Lon: -94.22 Elev: 1296ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Cloudy, with a low around 27. Wind chill values as low as 18. North wind around 14 mph becoming southwest. Winds could gust as high as 21 mph.
- Thursday Snow, freezing rain, and sleet before 3pm, then snow and sleet. High near 29. Wind chill values as low as 15. South wind 10 to 13 mph becoming north in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 18 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New ice accumulation of less than a 0.1 of an inch possible. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Thursday Night Snow and sleet likely before 9pm, then snow. Low around 19. Wind chill values as low as 7. North wind around 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Friday Snow, mainly before noon. High near 25. Wind chill values as low as 7. North wind 10 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Friday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 7. Northeast wind around 9 mph.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 26.
- Saturday Night A 50 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Sunday A chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 29.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 16.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 26.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 3.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 24.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 7.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 31.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for McDonald County, MO
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE