Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer29.88 in
- Dewpoint50°F (10°C)
- Visibility1.75 mi
Current conditions at
Rutland-Southern Vermont Regional Airport (KRUT)
Lat: 43.54 Lon: -72.95 Elev: 807ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Rain. Low around 39. Northwest wind 7 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Friday Rain, snow, and sleet likely before 3pm, then a chance of sleet between 3pm and 4pm, then a chance of snow and sleet after 4pm. Cloudy, with a temperature falling to around 30 by 3pm. Northwest wind 6 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Friday Night Snow likely, mainly between 9pm and 2am. Cloudy, with a low around 20. West wind 5 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 28. West wind 7 to 14 mph.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 12. West wind 8 to 10 mph.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 25. Northwest wind 5 to 7 mph becoming calm in the afternoon.
- Sunday Night Snow likely, mainly after midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 16. Southeast wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Monday Rain, snow, freezing rain, and sleet. High near 34. Southeast wind 9 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Monday Night Snow, freezing rain, and sleet. Low around 21. West wind 9 to 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Tuesday A 30 percent chance of snow showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 26. West wind 14 to 16 mph.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 8. West wind 11 to 14 mph.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 20. West wind 11 to 15 mph.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 4. West wind 9 to 11 mph.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 19. West wind around 8 mph.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Windsor County, VT
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE