Winter Weather Affecting Much of the Country
Winter weather conditions are affecting much of the country this week. Cold air is plunging into the Western and Central U.S., as heavy snow continues across the Northern Plains and Great Lakes. As the system moves east and south, a major icing event is forecast for portions of the Southern Plains to the Ozarks and into the Ohio Valley beginning Thursday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind Speedcalm
- Barometer30.31 in (1026.2 mb)
- Dewpoint16°F (-9°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Portland, Portland International Airport (KPDX)
Lat: 45.59578 Lon: -122.60917 Elev: 20ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Increasing clouds, with a high near 34. Northeast wind 3 to 5 mph.
- Tonight A 20 percent chance of snow after 11pm. Cloudy, with a low around 24. East wind 5 to 9 mph.
- Friday A 20 percent chance of snow before 11am. Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 30. Breezy, with an east wind 15 to 22 mph, with gusts as high as 31 mph.
- Friday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 15. East northeast wind 14 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph.
- Saturday Sunny, with a high near 26. East northeast wind 10 to 13 mph.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 12.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 31.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 34.
- Monday Night A slight chance of rain, snow, and freezing rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27.
- Tuesday A chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 38.
- Tuesday Night A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 35.
- Wednesday Rain likely. Cloudy, with a high near 42.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Greater Portland Metro Area, OR
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE