Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
- Wind SpeedN 7 mph
- Barometer29.84 in (1010.5 mb)
- Dewpoint24°F (-4°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill30°F (-1°C)
Current conditions at
Newport State Airport (KUUU)
Lat: 41.54°N Lon: 71.28°W Elev: 171ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 39. North wind 8 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Tonight Increasing clouds, with a low around 27. Northwest wind 5 to 7 mph.
- Monday Scattered snow showers, mainly before 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 42. Light southwest wind increasing to 5 to 10 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 33. Southwest wind around 7 mph.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 48. West wind 8 to 10 mph.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 33.
- Wednesday Rain likely, mainly after 3pm. Cloudy, with a high near 43. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Wednesday Night Rain and snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 26. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Thursday Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 31. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 35.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 27.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 44.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Newport County, RI
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE