Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 6 mph
- Barometer30.43 in
- Dewpoint-18°F (-28°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill-25°F (-32°C)
Current conditions at
Lat: 43.22 Lon: -95.83 Elev: 1417ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Sunny, with a high near 3. Wind chill values as low as -26. West northwest wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around -12. Wind chill values as low as -24. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Saturday Increasing clouds, with a high near 6. Wind chill values as low as -20. West northwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm.
- Saturday Night Snow, mainly after midnight. Temperature rising to around 7 by 3am. Southeast wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Sunday Snow. High near 13. Southeast wind 5 to 10 mph becoming east northeast in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of around 2 inches.
- Sunday Night Snow likely, mainly before midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -1. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 3.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -2. Breezy.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 16. Blustery.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -3.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 13.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 7.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 26.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for O'Brien County, IA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE