Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer30.63 in
- Dewpoint0°F (-18°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Mount Carmel Municipal Airport (KAJG)
Lat: 38.61 Lon: -87.73 Elev: 430ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Mostly clear, with a steady temperature around 4. Calm wind.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 20. Calm wind becoming southwest 5 to 7 mph in the morning.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a steady temperature around 15. South southwest wind around 8 mph.
- Friday A slight chance of rain, snow, and sleet after noon. Increasing clouds, with a high near 34. South southwest wind around 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Friday Night Freezing rain and sleet likely. Cloudy, with a low around 29. South wind 5 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Saturday A chance of rain or freezing rain before noon, then a slight chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 36. South southeast wind 5 to 7 mph becoming northwest in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22. Northwest wind 8 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 28. West northwest wind 10 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 17. West wind 6 to 9 mph becoming south southwest after midnight.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 32. South southwest wind 6 to 8 mph.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23. South southwest wind 8 to 11 mph.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 38. West southwest wind 10 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 26. West wind 7 to 11 mph.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 37. West southwest wind around 6 mph becoming south in the afternoon.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Gibson County, IN
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE