Another Round of Winter Weather Tracking across the Nation this Weekend
Significant winter weather continues to plague the nation as another storm system tracks from coast to coast this weekend. Heavy snow and unseasonable cold will impact parts of the West on Saturday, while even colder temperatures and life-threatening wind chills spread through the Northern Plains. Sleet and freezing rain is forecast from the Tennessee Valley to Mid-Atlantic on Sunday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 5 mph
- Barometer30.50 in (1033.3 mb)
- Dewpoint14°F (-10°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill11°F (-12°C)
Current conditions at
Fitchburg Municipal Airport (KFIT)
Lat: 42.55 Lon: -71.76 Elev: 348ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Partly sunny, with a high near 30. Northwest wind 5 to 7 mph becoming calm in the afternoon.
- Tonight Snow likely, mainly after 2am. Cloudy, with a low around 23. Calm wind. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Monday Snow, freezing rain, and sleet before 1pm, then freezing rain likely between 1pm and 2pm, then a chance of rain after 2pm. Patchy freezing fog between 10am and 1pm. High near 35. Calm wind becoming east around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Monday Night A slight chance of rain before 9pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27. West wind 6 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Tuesday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 32. West wind 9 to 11 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 28.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 13.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 23.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 10.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 25.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 13.
- Saturday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 28.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Northern Worcester, MA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE