Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 6 mph
- Barometer30.10 in (1020.3 mb)
- Dewpoint30°F (-1°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill29°F (-2°C)
Current conditions at
DuBois Regional Airport (KDUJ)
Lat: 41.19 Lon: -78.9 Elev: 1814ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Rain and sleet before 2pm, then snow and sleet. High near 35. North wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow and sleet accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Tonight Snow and sleet before 2am, then a chance of snow. Low around 25. North wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow and sleet accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 28. West wind 7 to 10 mph.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 16. West wind 3 to 7 mph.
- Sunday Snow likely, mainly after 3pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 28. Light northeast wind becoming east 6 to 11 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Sunday Night Snow before midnight, then snow and freezing rain likely. Low around 28. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Monday Rain likely, mainly before 11am. Cloudy, with a high near 39. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Monday Night A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 24.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 9.
- Wednesday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 24.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 8.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 25.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Jefferson County, PA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE