Another Round of Winter Weather Tracking across the Nation this Weekend
Significant winter weather continues to plague the nation as another storm system tracks from coast to coast this weekend. Heavy snow and unseasonable cold will impact parts of the West on Saturday, while even colder temperatures and life-threatening wind chills spread through the Northern Plains. Sleet and freezing rain is forecast from the Tennessee Valley to Mid-Atlantic on Sunday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Light Snow Fog/Mist and Breezy
- Wind SpeedSW 21 G 32 mph
- Barometer29.75 in (1007.7 mb)
- Dewpoint25°F (-4°C)
- Visibility1.00 mi
- Wind Chill14°F (-10°C)
Current conditions at
Gallup Muni/Clarke (KGUP)
Lat: 35.53 Lon: -108.78 Elev: 6466ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Snow likely. Mostly cloudy, with a steady temperature around 26. Breezy, with a southwest wind around 25 mph, with gusts as high as 35 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Sunday A 40 percent chance of snow, mainly before 11am. Partly sunny, with a high near 30. Breezy, with a west wind 15 to 25 mph. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Sunday Night A 10 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 7. Wind chill values as low as -2. West wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Monday A 20 percent chance of snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 18. Wind chill values as low as -3. North wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -8. Northeast wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 25.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -2.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 35.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 12.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 39.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 15.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 41.
- Friday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 16.
- Saturday Sunny, with a high near 40.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for West Central Plateau, NM
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE