Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
- Wind SpeedW 6 mph
- Barometer30.34 in (1027.3 mb)
- Dewpoint9°F (-13°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill16°F (-9°C)
Current conditions at
Poughkeepsie, Dutchess County Airport (KPOU)
Lat: 41.64 Lon: -73.88 Elev: 155ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Mostly sunny, with a high near 26. Northwest wind around 7 mph becoming southwest in the afternoon.
- Tonight Mostly cloudy, with a low around 14. Southwest wind around 10 mph.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 27. Southwest wind 8 to 11 mph becoming northwest in the afternoon.
- Friday Night A slight chance of light snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 15. Northeast wind 3 to 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Saturday Snow, mainly after 1pm. High near 26. East wind 3 to 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Saturday Night Snow. Low around 13. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Sunday Snow likely, mainly before 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 31. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 13.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 30.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 12.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 33.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 33.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Western Dutchess, NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE