Strengthening winter storm impacting Northeast; severe weather possible in Mid-Atlantic
A developing storm system will move from the Ohio Valley into the Northeast on Wednesday, bringing accumulating snow from the Lower Great Lakes to northern New England. Some areas could see more than a foot of snow. Meanwhile, there is a Slight Risk of severe thunderstorms in the Mid-Atlantic, with damaging winds as the main threat.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer29.55 in (1000.5 mb)
- Dewpoint29°F (-2°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Poughkeepsie, Dutchess County Airport (KPOU)
Lat: 41.64°N Lon: 73.88°W Elev: 155ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Rain. High near 42. North wind 3 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Tonight Rain, freezing rain, and sleet before midnight, then snow. Low around 13. Blustery, with a north wind 10 to 15 mph increasing to 16 to 21 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. New snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Thursday Snow showers likely, mainly before 7am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 23. Wind chill values as low as -5. Northwest wind around 18 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 4. Northwest wind 11 to 16 mph becoming light west after midnight.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 37. Light south wind becoming southwest 6 to 11 mph in the morning.
- Friday Night A slight chance of snow showers after 9pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 31. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 48.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 38.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 31.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 35.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Western Dutchess, NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE