Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect across the northern Plains and Upper Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 10 mph
- Barometer30.54 in (1035.7 mb)
- Dewpoint-8°F (-22°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill-12°F (-24°C)
Current conditions at
Chicago Rockford International Airport (KRFD)
Lat: 42.21 Lon: -89.1 Elev: 733ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around -8. Wind chill values as low as -21. West northwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming southwest after midnight.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 19. Wind chill values as low as -14. West southwest wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, with a steady temperature around 15. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Friday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 26. Calm wind becoming east northeast around 5 mph in the afternoon.
- Friday Night A 40 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 20. Northeast wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Saturday A 50 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 28.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 12.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 18.
- Sunday Night A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 7.
- Monday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 24.
- Monday Night A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 15.
- Tuesday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 31.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 10.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 25.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Winnebago County, IL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE