Strengthening winter storm impacting Northeast; severe weather possible in Mid-Atlantic
A developing storm system will move from the Ohio Valley into the Northeast on Wednesday, bringing accumulating snow from the Lower Great Lakes to northern New England. Some areas could see more than a foot of snow. Meanwhile, there is a Slight Risk of severe thunderstorms in the Mid-Atlantic, with damaging winds as the main threat.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 22 mph
- Barometer30.15 in (1021.2 mb)
- Dewpoint41°F (5°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Rockport, Aransas County Airport (KRKP)
Lat: 28.09°N Lon: 97.05°W Elev: 26ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Sunny, with a high near 65. Breezy, with a north wind around 25 mph, with gusts as high as 34 mph.
- Tonight Clear, with a low around 47. North wind 14 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 64. North northeast wind 11 to 13 mph becoming east southeast in the afternoon.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 55. East southeast wind 10 to 13 mph.
- Friday A 20 percent chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 70. Southeast wind 9 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 18 mph.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 60. South southeast wind 8 to 13 mph.
- Saturday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 73. Calm wind becoming south southeast around 6 mph in the afternoon.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 59. South southeast wind 5 to 8 mph.
- Sunday A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 71. East southeast wind 5 to 9 mph becoming north northeast in the afternoon.
- Sunday Night A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly cloudy, with a low around 51.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 65.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 51.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 68.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Aransas County, TX
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE