Major Winter Storm Continues Moving into the Eastern Third of the U.S. While Another System Begins Impacting the West Coast
Snow, sleet, freezing rain and heavy rainfall will continue to impact the eastern third of the U.S. through the weekend. Extremely cold temperatures will continue to settle into the western two-thirds of the country behind this storm system. In the meantime, a reinforcing shot of cold air is beginning to impact the West Coast as the next system approaches.
- Wind SpeedN 12 mph
- Barometer30.20 in (1022.6 mb)
- Dewpoint32°F (0°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill29°F (-2°C)
Current conditions at
New York/John F. Kennedy Intl Airport (KJFK)
Lat: 40.66 Lon: -73.78 Elev: 26ft.
Rockville Centre NY
7 Day Forecast
- Today Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 42. Northwest wind 10 to 14 mph.
- Tonight Increasing clouds, with a low around 28. North wind 6 to 9 mph.
- Sunday A chance of snow, mainly after 4pm. Cloudy, with a high near 36. North wind 5 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Sunday Night Snow likely before 1am, then rain. Low around 33. East wind 7 to 17 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Monday Rain, mainly before 3pm. High near 46. East wind 11 to 18 mph becoming southwest in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 28 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Monday Night A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tuesday A chance of rain and snow before 9am, then a chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 37. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 32.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 30.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 30.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Southern Nassau, NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE