Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Light Rain Fog/Mist
- Wind SpeedS 5 mph
- Barometer29.99 in (1015.4 mb)
- Dewpoint43°F (6°C)
- Visibility1.00 mi
- Wind Chill41°F (5°C)
Current conditions at
Hartford-Brainard Airport (KHFD)
Lat: 41.73 Lon: -72.65 Elev: 20ft.
Rocky Hill CT
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Areas of drizzle before 11pm, then showers, mainly after 11pm. Areas of dense fog. Low around 42. South wind 3 to 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Friday Rain. Areas of fog before 7am. Temperature falling to around 42 by 5pm. North wind 7 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Friday Night Rain before 3am, then rain and sleet likely. Patchy fog before midnight, then Patchy fog between 1am and 4am. Low around 33. North wind 6 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Saturday A chance of rain and sleet before 7am. Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 39. Northwest wind 9 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Saturday Night Clear, with a low around 21. Northwest wind 5 to 9 mph becoming light. Winds could gust as high as 22 mph.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 34.
- Sunday Night A chance of snow before 3am, then snow and sleet likely. Cloudy, with a low around 28. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Monday Rain, freezing rain, and sleet likely. Cloudy, with a high near 43. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Monday Night A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 31. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 37.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 31.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 31.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Hartford County, CT
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE