Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
- Wind SpeedS 5 mph
- Barometer29.89 in (1012.4 mb)
- Dewpoint47°F (8°C)
- Visibility0.25 mi
- Wind Chill46°F (8°C)
Current conditions at
Westfield, Barnes Municipal Airport (KBAF)
Lat: 42.16 Lon: -72.72 Elev: 271ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Showers. Patchy fog before 3am. Low around 40. Northwest wind 6 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Friday Rain before 5pm, then rain and snow. High near 40. Northwest wind 9 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Friday Night Rain, freezing rain, and sleet before 4am, then a chance of freezing rain and sleet between 4am and 5am, then a chance of snow, freezing rain, and sleet after 5am. Low around 23. North wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New ice accumulation of less than a 0.1 of an inch possible. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Saturday Mostly cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 33. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 15. Northwest wind 7 to 11 mph.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 27.
- Sunday Night Snow, mainly after 1am. Low around 21. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Monday Rain, snow, freezing rain, and sleet. High near 36. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Monday Night Snow showers and freezing rain. Low around 22. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Tuesday A chance of snow showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 28. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 7.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 22.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 5.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 20.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Southern Berkshire, MA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE