Major Winter Storm Moves into Upper Midwest and Central Rockies
The major winter storm that has been affecting the northern Rockies & Plains has moved into the Upper Midwest & central Rockies where a foot or more of snow is forecast for some locations Wed. into Thur. Freezing rain is also possible for parts of the Great Lakes. Meanwhile bitterly cold air will persist across the western U.S. with highs on Wed. only reaching the single digits in some locations.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Light Drizzle Fog/Mist
- Wind SpeedS 10 G 20 mph
- Barometer29.51 in (999.3 mb)
- Dewpoint53°F (12°C)
- Visibility1.75 mi
- Wind Chill51°F (11°C)
Current conditions at
Lat: 41.98 Lon: -87.9 Elev: 658ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Late Afternoon A 40 percent chance of showers. Widespread dense fog. Otherwise, cloudy, with a high near 54. Southwest wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Tonight A 30 percent chance of showers, mainly before 9pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27. Breezy, with a west wind 15 to 20 mph.
- Thursday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 30. West wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 15. Northwest wind around 10 mph.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 21. Northwest wind around 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 6.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 20.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 14.
- Sunday A chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 27.
- Sunday Night Snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Monday A slight chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 26.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 5.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 14.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 3.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 17.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Cook County, IL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE